P.S. 160 Full S.T.E.A.M Ahead 2016-2017
The Walt Disney school is moving full S.T.E.A.M ahead this year in Science, Technology, Engineering , Art and Math. This website is here to keep you informed of "What's Happening At P.S. 160".
How To Maneuver Through Our Website: Click on the menu and under each tab find out information about our school.
*Information about the Rules/Regulations of P.S. 160 and the NYC DOE can be found under the About The Walt Disney School tab.-
At the About The Walt Disney School sub tab you will find: 1) Our Mission /Vision Statement 2) Link to the NYC DOE Rules & Regulations 3) Our Parent Handbook where you can find information about the in's and out's of P.S. 160.
P.S. 160's Policies/Rules sub tab you will find: 1) A link to the NYC Chancellor's Regulations 2) P.S. 160's Parent Involvement Policy 3) Cell Phone/ Electronic Usage Policy 4) Grading Policy
*Please check out our Parent Coordinator (Parent FYI).- Here you will find parent resources, information about upcoming workshops, parent/student events, information concerning middle school and links to Pupilpath.com and our Remind text and email system .
* The Class Directory - This is where you can find information such as ; homework assignments, reports and special announcements concerning your child's class.
March Parent Engagement
Parent Engagement Takes Place Just For YOU! Every Tues. from 2:20 pm - 3:15 pm time is set aside for parents to come in and be engaged in their child's learning. Please check your child's homework folder.
- 5th Grade- March 7th & 21st- Test Strategies ELA
- 4th Grade- March 7th: A student-led conversations- Students will create academic and social goals to be met for the next marking period. March 14th: Provide parents and students with strategies to improve reading fluency & comprehension. Students will be encouraged to select books from the school library and read at home. March 21st & 28th: Provide parents with information regarding the NYS ELA test. Parents will be able to view last year's exam on EngageNY website.
- Parent Coordinator- March 7th: "Helping Your Child With Math" parent workshop. March 14th: "Family Security- Being Fiscally Prepared" parent workshop.
- SETSS- March 21st: "Struggling Readers" parent workshop.
CEC ( Community Education Council ) MEETINGS -
Community Education Council (CEC) meetings are very important and parents/ community members are welcome to attend. It is a great way to get informed about what is going on in your school district.
Please click on the link to find out more information about CECs.-http://schools.nyc.gov/Offices/CEC/currentmembers.htm
Our next CEC Meeting will be held on March 28th at PS 121, 2750 Throop ave. at 6 :00 pm (Business Meeting) and at 7:00 pm (Calendar Meeting)
Please click on the Parent 411 tab to find more resources for parents.
Parent FYI - Receive Texts & Emails about events and information happening at our school.
School Contact Information
Important Testing Dates
Elementary and middle school students in New York State take yearly State tests in core academic subjects to assess their mastery of the Common Core Learning Standards. Students’ test results are one of the factors that schools use to decide whether to promote a student to the next grade. Educators also analyze students’ test results to help determine which instructional standards to focus on, and to evaluate their programs.
The links below take you to pages with more information about each particular test that elementary and middle school students take; you can also read more about how subjects are taught in New York City on the Academics page.
English Language Arts (ELA): Students in grades 3-8 take this test in spring.
- Math: Students in grades 3-8 take this test in spring.
- Science: Students in grades 4 and 8 take this test in spring.
http://schools.nyc.gov/Accountability/resources/testing/default.htm Click on this link for more information about NY State Exams.