What is the 411?
Moving Ahead Activities
Handled by our PTA: Senior Dues are $100 for the 2019 - 2020 school year. The Senior Dues include the following: Cap & Gown, Senior Dance, Graduation T-shirt, and year book. Our 5th grade Senior trip is handled by the school.
Moving To The Middle - 5th Grade Parents
How exciting! 5th Grade is Here! This row is to keep you abreast of all of the information about Moving Ahead to Middle School.
All Parents should have submitted their child's Middle School Choice application by the extended deadline date of Dec. 8th.
FYI - If any parent missed any of the Open Houses for the school they were interested in please reach out to your chosen school and request a tour of the school. If there are any challenges in arranging a tour please send Ms. Gray a text message via our REMIND app or email at email@example.com.
Acceptance letters are usually sent to the school by the end of April , early May.
Your Child's Information
This year we have a new way of keeping you abreast of your child's success within the classroom.
- Our very own e-chalk website will be the main location to find your child's grades and assessments for this school year. Every parent received a special code for their child's class to log in and view their child's progress. Please note that your access code is case sensitive. If you are having difficulties logging in please email Ms. Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use your NYC Schools Account to access key information about your child's progress. With your child's account you will be able to view your child's attendance, report card grades, and general student information in one of ten languages on a computer, phone or tablet. Every student should have received their unique access code and student ID number (which can be found on your child's report card) Please contact the school if you have not received this information.
- flat nature objects (leaves, petals, etc.)
- small spray bottles
- liquid watercolors or food coloring
- plastic trays
- First, collect a variety of leaves, grass, and flowers. (You will discover that flatter objects leave clearer prints.) Then lay them out in designs on the papers, weighting the objects down with small pebbles.
- Using spray bottles filled with food color, gently spray the paper. The key is not to drench the paper with paint!
- After the papers dry, remove the objects, revealing a beautiful nature print.