Information for School Year - 2020 - 2021 (Please look under our tab - CoVid19 Blended Learning & Remote Learning) The latest update on instruction from the Chancellor can be found there.
This week’s Reopening Update for Families includes:
- The latest health and safety information, including on ventilation, school nurses, and testing and tracing in schools
- How to stay informed on confirmed COVID-19 cases in your school community
- How families can change their children’s learning preference to/from fully remote learning
- What happens if students attend school in-person on a day they are not scheduled to attend
- Supports for students with Individualized Education Programs
- Supports for students in temporary housing and foster care
Criteria to Open Schools and Keep them Open
While we continue to carefully monitor a constantly changing health landscape, one thing remains steadfast: our
commitment to the health and safety of our students, teachers, and staff. This priority is the foundation of all of
our policy moving into September.
On July 31, the Mayor and I announced that for school buildings to open in September and remain open, on a
weekly average the city must see fewer than 3% of all COVID-19 tests come back positive. Additionally, if 3%
or more of New Yorkers who are tested for COVID-19 are found to have the virus after we open, school buildings
will close again, and 100% of learning will be remote for every student.
Since June, we’ve hovered around 1-2%, and are working closely with the New York City Department of Health
and Mental Hygiene (NYC Health), NYC Test + Trace, and the Mayor’s Office to prepare for a coordinated
school reopening. If staff and students aren’t healthy, they can’t teach and learn, and we are doing all we can to
ensure that schools remain safe and healthy for learning.
(Please view the attached letter)
Click on the links provided to read what the Chancellor is offering as options for families. Parents must fill out the survey of their preference of their child's attendance for fall ( Blended Learning ( in school & remote or Full time Remote Learning) Parents have until Aug. 7th to submit their decision.
School Reopening 2020
Family and Community Empowerment