Summer Rising - NYC DOE Summer School Program
Please read below how to sign up and be a part of the NYC DOE's Summer programming - Summer Rising!
- Summer Rising will be available throughout the City to every New York City student .
- All programs will be run by local school leaders and trusted community-based organizations.
- Summer Rising programs are full day and in-person experiences
- All programs will create a bridge back to school in the fall and give parents peace of mind as they return to work.
- The environment will be safe and supportive. Staff members are prepared to respond to children’s social and emotional needs.
- Summer programs will offer academic support, arts, recreation, and social-emotional support.
- There will be local field trips to parks, pools, and other enriching outdoor venues that are educational and in accordance with State health and safety guidelines.
- Breakfast, lunch, and a snack will be served to each student.
Summer Rising Calendar
- July 6 to August 20 (except July 20)
- 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Kindergarten to Grade 8
We are excited to bring many children back full-time into a school setting. Summer Rising programs will operate in hundreds of DOE buildings, giving students safe and supervised experiences in their neighborhood. Most students will be able to attend a program in their home building!
- For Summer Rising programs in grades K–8, families can sign up through the discoverDYCD website(Open external link) starting on Monday, April 26.
- All New York City students will have an opportunity to participate in the program.
- No student will be turned away.
- Please refer to this spreadsheet(Open external link) to learn where your school’s Summer Rising program will be located.