Our School Year 2020-2021- CoVid 19 Blended & Remote Learning Plan
Updates from The Chancellor
The Start of School has been pushed back to Sept. 21, 2020 - Doors will open for blended learning students on this day.
Sept. 16th, Sept. 17th & Sept. 18th - REMOTE Learning for ALL Students!
“Return to School 2020 Back to School Pledge.” It outlines Mayor DeBlasio's & Chancellor Carranza's commitments to students, families, staff, and all school communities. DOE_BackToSchoolPledge_FINAL.pdf
Please read this latest information from The Chancellor in regards to updates around instruction.
This week’s Reopening Update for Families includes:
- The latest health and safety information, including on ventilation, school nurses, and testing and tracing in schools
- How to stay informed on confirmed COVID-19 cases in your school community
- How families can change their children’s learning preference to/from fully remote learning
- What happens if students attend school in-person on a day they are not scheduled to attend
- Supports for students with Individualized Education Programs
- Supports for students in temporary housing and foster care
Important Information- Protocols & Procedures
Phase 2- Parent Info Session 8/31/20 please click the link to view the presentation.
Reopening School Model
- As a school, we are submitting the Chancellor’s recommended model 1a, which will follow three cohorts. Two cohorts from each grade will engage in blended learning. There will be one completely remote cohort on each grade.
- Tentative Opening Plan
There have been changes made to our "Arrival & Dismissal Times"-
Our new arrival time for all students will be 8:30 am. Our new dismissal time will be 2:00 pm.
Students will have staggered Arrival & Dismissal times (10 mins. apart due to "Social Distancing" requirements.)
Our Arrival and Dismissal sites are as follows:
Kindergarten, 1st grade , 2nd grade & 5th grade will use the large yard for arrival and dismissal.
Pre-K students will use the small side front yard for arrival and dismissal.
3rd, 4th grade students will use the main entrance for arrival and dismissal.
Protocols and Procedures for the upcoming school year are forthcoming... All information including your child's class schedule will be emailed to their ps160.org emails. New students' information will be sent to the email provided at registration.